- In 1994, Glysomed Hand Cream was introduced to the Canadian marketplace in its original jar format.
- By 1996, the demand for Glysomed Hand Cream had grown substantially. Consumers coast to coast were seeking an alternative to the original packaging size, one that could be taken along anywhere, in the purse, jacket, car, etc. Glysomed reacted immediately by introducing the Tube format, which soon became the #1 selling Hand Cream in Canada!*
- Glysomed consumers were so happy with the results that they began to apply the Hand Cream all over their body (arms, legs, feet, elbows)…anywhere dry skin was a problem. The response to this trend was the development and introduction of Glysomed Body Lotion in 1998. This light-textured, Aloe and Vitamin E enriched cream lotion captured consumers’ attention.
- In 2001, a new Fragrance Free formulation of the #1 selling Hand Cream was launched. Glysomed Fragrance Free Hand Cream, a unique hypo-allergenic formula, presented the solution for individuals with sensitive skin conditions, while still maintaining the quality and integrity of the original formula. Glysomed Fragrance Free is popular with Health Care practitioners, sufferers of skin conditions, people with sensitive skin and intolerance to fragrances.
- In 2004, Glysomed joined the Blistex® family of products in Canada.
- In 2006, Glysomed Foot Balm was introduced in Canada. With shea butter, olive oil and a dash of peppermint oil, this fabulous foot balm keeps even the roughest feet looking great and feeling revitalized.
- A year later, in 2007, Glysomed introduced a Face Moisturizer that contained the moisturizing benefits of chamomile, aloe and coenzyme Q10 along with sunscreen protection. Glysomed Face Moisturizer was available in Canada for almost 10 years and gathered quite a loyal following. As with many brands, they have a finite life and Glysomed Face Moisturizer’s time came to an end. Who knows, we might see it available again one day in the future!
- In 2011, a convenient travel size Body Lotion was introduced – perfect for people on the go, this useful 100ml lotion is the perfect size for travel, purse, gym, office or the car and is available for sale in the trial and travel sections of most retailers in Canada.
- In 2016, Mango and Shea butters were added to the body lotion formula, providing increased moisturization – while Palmarosa and Geranium oils were added to Glysomed Foot Balm, helping condition severely dry, cracked feet.
- In 2017, New Glysomed Eczema Control ships to retailers across Canada. This new Glysomed product contains active colloidal oatmeal and is enriched with the Glysomed glycerine-chamomile blend plus oat extract and oat kernel oil to help soften, soothe and deeply moisturize compromised skin.
In keeping with Blistex philosophies, Glysomed continues to develop products containing the highest quality ingredients to help make your skin look and feel better.
With it’s distinctive green hue, Glysomed is easily recognizable and available at all major Canadian retail outlets.